FW:

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW:
From: "Rick" <patton@suscom-maine.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 01:01:22 -0500
Vance,

I can smell the rope burning from way up here in Maine! Well, at least on
the fuel injection issue.

My car is running electronic fuel injection and the difference is
incredible! Most impressive is the quick throttle response. The old 75
engine is stock with nearly 100K miles except for a recent valve job and
compression upped to 9.5:1. Even with the best cylinder reading only 140psi
and the worst at 118 the car just plain scoots. In an instant this old girl
is bumping against the 5500rpm rev limiter setting in the first three gears.

I agree that a properly tuned carb can give a smooth powerful engine but it
is averaged over its entire rpm range. The fuel injection can be fine tuned
for particular rpm ranges, loads, temperature, ignition advance, etc.

Vance if you are up this way next summer you are welcome to take it for a
spin. Same goes for any list member.

Rick
Fuel injected 75 TR6
patton@suscom-maine.net