A question about this whole fuel injection thing

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: A question about this whole fuel injection thing
From: "Scot Montrey" <SMontrey@nam.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 11:34:20 -0500
Hello, a list lurker here.  I can appreciate all sides of the stock vs.
souped up "debate", but I have a more prosaic question.

I love to drive my '6 but am at point in life domestically (2 kids,
another on the way) where I barely have time to do the tinkering
necessary to keep it running right.  And a lot of that time is spent
futzing with the carbs.  So I'm intrigued by this whole fuel injection
thing, but not for souping up, mostly just because my life would be
easier if there were an affordable, reliable and relatively simple "bolt
on" system out there that would enable me to put the Strombergs on a
shelf for about 10 years until I have the time to unravel their great
mysteries.  Is there such a system out there?  What have you guys been
using?

PS  While I have your attention, does anybody out there have experience
with Dunlop wire wheels in an urban (read bad roads) environment?  I'd
dearly love to get some, but not if I have to have them re-trued every
six months.  Assuming I could even find someone who knows how here in
DC...

Thanks in advance-   Scot Montrey