Re: A question about this whole fuel injection thing

To: "Scot Montrey" <SMontrey@nam.org>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: A question about this whole fuel injection thing
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 12:50:52 -0500
At 11:34 AM -0500 11/19/03, Scot Montrey wrote:
"So I'm intrigued by this whole fuel injection thing, but not for souping
up, mostly just because my life would be easier if there were an
affordable, reliable and relatively simple "bolt on" system out there that
would enable me to put the Strombergs on a shelf for about 10 years until I
have the time to unravel their great mysteries.  Is there such a system out
there?  What have you guys been using?"

If there were such a system, I'd bet that half of us would buy it. As it
stands, you're much better off keeping the carbs if you are short of
tinkering time. The Strombergs are not difficult to set up and generally
stay in tune for a long time. Don't expect your Triumph to run the way your
injected grocery hauler runs, that's all.

Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (26 year owner)