Spring compressing idiot here...

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spring compressing idiot here...
From: "Gary R." <gary@tpartners.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 14:17:03 -0500
For a laugh..

I spent hours fooling with a home-made spring compressor trying to get my
front spring back in after a suspension/brake rebuild. I knew from what I
heard here (but of course I HAD to try it!) that what the Bently manual says
to do won't work (unless maybe you chain the car down) so I set about trying
to compress the spring by pulling it down into the lower spring pan. Of
course after many expletives, slipped tensioner plates, sweat, and an order
for the correct tool from TRF (that I didn't really need but WTH) I finally
realized that if you unbolt the lower spring plate, use it to center the
bottom and use the shock tower to center the tensioner on top and draw
UPWARDS from the bottom its fairly effortless.. took ten minutes.. LOL

Some pictures of the ONE finished (almost) wheel are at the URL below, the
deep red color is showing up as almost orange due to my inexperience with
the new camera.. and no, I didn't want it original.

Gary R.

 <http://www.icer.net/TR6.html> http://www.icer.net/TR6.html

74 TR6

Woodbury, CT