Coker Redlines?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Coker Redlines?
From: apackard68@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 19:35:15 +0000
I will be taking delivery of my latest TR250 sometime after Thanksgiving.  It
is an extremely well-kept 28,000 original miles car that emerged for sale in
Maryland not too long ago.  It is red with black interior and has steel wheels
with the RO style covers.  I need to replace the tires immediately after
delivery since it currently has aging 165/15 tires on it.  I want to get
redlines to keep the original look with the wheel covers.  Tire Rack has Coker
185/15 redlines for $112 each and Michelins for $170 (tube required).  Is there
any consensus on the quality of the Coker's?  Do they have decent performance
or are they best used on straight and dry roads?  If the performance is thought
to be below adequate for normal driving, I'll get a set of 205/70/15's to put
on and forget about the originality.  I don't want to deal with tube wear, so
I'm going to pass on the Michelins.  All opinions are welcome.
Andy
CD6521L
CD7989L
CD6746L (soon)