Re: front suspension bushings

To: Mark Bullard <mbullard@verizon.net>, 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: front suspension bushings
From: Dale <tpdwinch@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 05:45:48 -0800 (PST)
Mark

I am going under the assumption that you are using a spring compressor while
doing this change.

If you are then both arms can be disassemble at the top ball joint where the
two opposing bolts are. This will allow you to bring the axle assembly out and
away from the upper arms.

Once you have both bushings in the arm, you can then at a reverse angle start
the inner bushing over the upper pin. What I meant by reverse angle is that the
outer part of the arm, where the ball joint is mounted, would be almost
touching the other arm.

When I did this I use anti seize on the pin and on the inner and outer parts of
the poly bushing. This made it slide on a lot easier.

Hope this helps.

tpdwinch@yahoo.com
Dale Morgan
TTR Activities Coordinator