Re: front suspension bushings

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: front suspension bushings
From: "Mark Bullard" <mbullard@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 14:08:34 -1000
Okay guys & gals,

I am truly frustrated.  I went ahead and pulled the fulcrum bracket from the
car as I could not get them on any other way.  Well I still can't.

I'm wondering if I have the wrong bushings.  The bushings I have came with the
complete rebuild kit offered by Rimmer and they are yellow poly.  They fit in
the arm fine and on the shaft fine but the combination of the two makes it to
tight.

I've taken my dremel to the inside of the arms just to make sure there was no
obstructions and all seems clear.  I am putting the bushing in the arm,
pushing the arm on the shaft and all is fine.  It's getting the next bushing
on the shaft and in the arm were all goes to #$%%.  I've tried putting both
bushings in the arm and then placing the arm on the shaft and one always
pushes out.

I really don't know what to do.  From the responses I got yesterday it doesn't
appear that this should be this much trouble? The only thing I can thing to
try next is to through the bushings in the freezer for a while and hope they
shrink down some.  Wondering if the humidity over here might have anything to
do with the bushings seeming like there just a little too big?

Help!

Mark Bullard
'74 TR6
Kailua, HI