jacking up car

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: jacking up car
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:12:56 -0800 (PST)
Greeting, O Wise Ones!

I come seeking knowledge and enlightenment. I beg your forbearance as I render
my inquiry.

I guess this should be obvious, but for me it is a quandry. I know the frames
of these cars are not exactly stout, so I assume one needs to take care in
jacking them up and putting them on stands. What I want to know is what are the
ideal locations under the car for positioning my stands? The car will spend
most of the winter up on stands, so I don't want to put it back on the road in
the spring and to discover that my doors won't close!

I would prefer not to put the stands under the suspension members, if that is
in any way pertinent to the question.

You people are great! Thanks for putting up with me!

Jim Jones
72 Emerald (soon to be re-painted)