Nipples and Dogs

To: "Triumphs@autox. Net" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Nipples and Dogs
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 14:37:45 -0500
No, not those nipples.  Please help me with a small issue and a larger one.
The larger question is that I need to rotate the distributor drive dog or
spindle assembly to properly position the distributor, but I'm having a
difficult time grasping the spindle.  I've tried using a cheap slide hammer
and pull from Harbor Freight, actually two, but the puller is made of
aluminum and tends to bend when I try to get a tight grasp.  So how do the
esteemed list members perform this task?

I also need a plastic nipple to cover what used to be a vacuum line on the
carburetor.  Where can I find one of those black rubber nipples

R. Ashford Little II