Re: Update on TR6 motor rebuild

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Subject: Re: Update on TR6 motor rebuild
From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 19:52:47 -0500
Vance,
Your so right about the price of an engine rebuild. The machine shop
costs are impossible to avoid if you want the proper work done. I had a
hell of time finding a shop capable of line boring for cam bearings.
Most machines are made for eight cylinder american iron, only four
cylinders deep. That was a nice chunk added to the total. I think the
total cost less parts was about $1,800. Parts were another story but the
complete package with me doing the assembly parts/machine shop was about
$3,000. I must say money well spent, I'm happy :-)
Now I have to delete this before my wife she's this post, Just kidding.
Believe it or not she is my biggest supporter.

--
Mitch Seff
Oceanside, N.Y.