Re: SU vs. ZS....

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SU vs. ZS....
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 21:20:51 -0500
Hi Dick,

OK, you lost me I need some education...

> I think the rules stated that you couldn't change carburetors, but
> apparantly you could alter the stock ones. Solid needles are easier to
> purchase, make, and/or re-profile than the biased style. Easy to adapt
> to the air valve, using the bushing and lockscrew, which also affords
> some up and down movement. Not as quickly moved as are the externally
> adjustable needled B1AF's, but do-able. Duplicating a standard needle
> that's had it's profile altered requires special equipment.

I don't understand the difference between a biased style needle and a
solid one.

Hmmm.... Also sounds like sounds like you're saying that Kas' trick only
works for the fixed needle ZS. It won't work well with the adjustable
needle carbs?

Can't find my Haynes ZS manual....

Don  Malling