Spin On Oil Filter Adapter

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spin On Oil Filter Adapter
From: "Sean McCafferty" <mccafferty@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 18:11:14 -0500
After 20 years of owning my 72 TR6 I decided it's time to learn how to do
some simple repairs --- ha ha ha.

I got a spin-on oil filter adapter for Christmas and I decided I'd try to
install it. I disconnected the original oil filter bell housing and then I
couldn't figure out how to get it out of the car.

It won't go out in the lower direction --- the clutch slave cylinder is in
the way (and I don't fool with any of the brake/hydraulic lines). I
disconnected my recently installed rocker oil feed connections and a fuel
line that was in the way and then I ran into the steering intermediate
steering column shaft. So what do I do?

*       Try and unscrew the dipstick tube, take off the coil and feed the
housing up that route OR
*       Disconnect the steering column shaft at the upper  u-joint and hope
that I can raise the shaft up enough to squeeze it out through that route OR
*       Is there another way to do this and I'm such a novice I can't figure
it out?

Based on what I've been reading from the list for the last couple of months
this seems pretty trivial but I could use any help the other listers have to
offer. Thanks.

Sean McCafferty
72 TR6
CC83520