Photo Album from Andrew: What I got for Christmas

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Photo Album from Andrew: What I got for Christmas
From: apackard68@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 18:04:33 -0800 (PST)
Hello list:
I was able to take delivery of my new TR250 the Saturday before Christmas.  The
car came with a mystery to solve, too.  Not the Scooby-Doo
pull-the-mask-off-the-monster-to-find-the-caretaker-did-it type mystery, but
it's still interesting.  I have the Heritage certificate on the car.  It was
delivered as North American export car to the Netherlands.  When the previous
owner received the car in 1980, it had European-type plates in the trunk that
read "AFC 83190."  I've learned that this plate stands for Allied Forces
Central Europe, which was (is?) headquartered in the Netherlands.  I'm doing
further research to find out who the original owner actually was.  As you'll
see in the photos, the glove box door has an inlaid plaque that references the
1968 Star Rally, sponsored by RAC, Star and Gulf.  Does anyone know anything
about this plaque and event?  Why would this car have this?  Just a souvenier
of the event or potentially some sort of participant?  I've never seen anything!
  like and would like to know the history of it.
I also got a hat for Christmas that reads "I'd rather be in my garage!"
Thanks for looking and any feedback you can provide!
Andy Packard
CD6521L BRG
CD6746L Red

You're invited to view these photos online at Ofoto!
Just click on View Photos to get started.
http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=zgdfamr.8wnwm6h3&x=0&y=-2803mn

If you'd like to save these shared pictures for easy
future viewing, just sign in or create a new account.
You'll also be able to add comments to the photos
and order Kodak prints of your favorites.

Enjoy!

Instructions: Click view photos to begin. If you're
an existing Ofoto member you'll be asked to sign
in. If not, you can join Ofoto for free.
http://www.ofoto.com/Register.jsp

Questions? Visit http://help.ofoto.com.

Ofoto Customer Service
http://help.ofoto.com/support
Phone: (800) 360-9098
Outside the US and Canada: (512) 651-9770
If you can not see the links above, copy and paste the
following URL directly into your browser:
http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=zgdfamr.8wnwm6h3&x=0&y=-2803mn