RE: 68 and 69 carb jet recession

To: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>, "6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 68 and 69 carb jet recession
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 10:31:40 -0800
        Richard:

        I recently went through this with my '74. I consulted a Haynes
Weber/ZS carb manual, called my favorite LBC mechanic, and no one seemed
to know. I finally measured my jets, and got a hold of someone through
the buckeye web site. I measured 0.105" below the bridge, the guy on the
buckeye web site said that was probably fine, although he preferred to
set them a little higher, about 0.090" below the bridge.
        I was not able to find a "real" spec (Bentley or ??) so I used
the 0.105 number. It is less important on a later, adjustable ZS than
the earlier non-adjustable ZS carbs. On the later carbs, you set the
needle height for the proper mixture, so all you really need is to get
the jet somewhere close to the middle of the adjustable range.

        Vance