Crankshaft End Float

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Crankshaft End Float
From: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 23:28:47 -0500
Hi again,  I was just wondering, while I have the transmission out and
the flywheel off if its possible to measure crankshaft end float at the
rear of the engine.   There is that nice flat back plate to mount the
dial indicator.  What would I need to do to  get the movement  in the
crankshaft.   Maybe just a hair brain idea, but I thought Id ask.

                                     John Mitchell    76 TR6   Shelton, Ct