Shock conversions

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Shock conversions
From: "bytr6@frontiernet.net" <bytr6@frontiernet.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 23:09:45 +0000
I spoke with BPNW and they have Spax for $82.00 ea. front, and $245.00
for 1 rear kit with both shocks/brackets. This a whole lot less for
TRF's Koni's (would be ~$100.00 ea. for front and $300.00 for Koni kit.
The ? is: How do the Spax compare, other than adjustment on the car, to
the Koni's?, 2. BPNW says that TRF uses the same kit as BPNW. Do they?
Is this kit one that Spax has on their website? Is this the same one
that Kai mentioned on the earlier thread?
I'm somewhat attached to the thought of having Koni's from my childhood
when race cars had Koni's and, although I realize this is somewhat
irrational (but owning a TR-6 is too), I like the cool red color.
TIA;
Brian Yarborough
1976 TR-6 awaiting suspension rebuild