RE: Pertronix Ignitor ignition (on dark road in middle of

To: <BigOldWumper@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Pertronix Ignitor ignition (on dark road in middle of
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 19:44:48 -0500
With all due respect Sean, I think yours was an installer's problem, not
equipment failure.

But your story reminds me of a time I was in Wrightsville Beach, NC in
July of 1976 on a beautiful, cloudless Saturday afternoon, perfect for
top-down cruising in my shiny new (to me) emerald '74 TR6. I had been
partying with friends and was on the way back to the motel when I "ran
into a chum with a bottle of rum" as Jimmy would say, and we stopped at
a little bar for "A" beer. Well, a pool challenge was made and for some
reason other than skill we just couldn't lose, so of course many beers
were won and drunk. On my last of many trips to the men's room I noticed
that a guy was standing by the bar all wet. I thought no, please tell
me...and about that time the front door opened as a couple ran in out of
the pouring rain! I ran outside in an intense thunderstorm to put my top
up and when I opened the car door, water actually spilled out. I was
bummed! It took several motel towels sopping and wringing to dry up the
mess and the seats were wet for many sunny days afterward. My various
TR6's have been rained in many times since, as most of our cars have,
I'm sure, but thank God I've never had THAT much water in my car again!

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO