Dash upgrade

To: "sixpack list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dash upgrade
From: "Eureka Saws Co, Inc." <sawblade@ptdprolog.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 20:43:50 -0500
Hello to all,
While working on a few improvements on my TR6, I made a modification that some
may be interested in. I am installing a factory air system in my 72. One of
the poor designs of the system forces the elimination of the odometer because
the cable to reset it is too short to clear the air unit under the dash.
Because I still want to use this feature, I was considering bringing the cable
through the dash. Since I am installing a new dash, I had to pull the old one
off. Surprise, surprise. There is a phantom hole in the metal dash below the
speedo for some kind of switch from the past. A simple modification to the
metal frame, and modification to the wood dash and whalla. The reset is on the
front of the dash instead of underneath, which has always been a pain. This
new location looks like (IMHO) it belongs there. If you are going through a
dash conversion or want a very nice change this is it. If you want to see it,
I have posted it at Yahoo photos. Go to photos, sign in as gilleadmountain and
use sixpack as the password. Let me know what you think. If you want
particulars on the how to's just email me. I will be posting another email on
a headups item you need to be aware of.
Alex Manzo
72 TR6 Damson