Spring is a coming...

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spring is a coming...
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 08:28:03 -0800
    Folks:

    The sky is blue, the ground is drying out, and I am itching to get
the Six running.

    Bolted the new J-type onto the rebuilt tranny last night. Ahhhh!
What a feeling.
I did conclude that the shop manual is wrong in a couple of places, or
perhaps it references
some mid production design change that I don't have. Anyway, I felt that
the OD pump
cam should be held on by a snap ring (there is a perfect groove in the
main shaft that just
begs for a snap ring). So I went to the hardware store and picked one
up, and popped it
on. Otherwise it seems that the pump cam can float back and forth on the
main shaft
up to 1/8" during operation.
    I need to reinstall the clutch shaft, fork, etc and then I start
putting everything
back in the body. Woohoo!
    The wheels are out getting powder coated. Sent them out for a match
to the original color
 but the weenies sand blasted them first. Tough to match the color when
there ain't none left.
I will be putting new tires on them when the get back (today?). I am
thinking Yokohamas....
    New rubber, new motor, new tranny and OD. Yee-haw! Hope everything
works when
I get it back together. You will hear my wailing and gnashing of teeth
in six western states
if it doesn't...

    Vance

Working hard to keep SORT 20 the very
best at Intel!     http://people.patch.intel.com/vnavaret/
<http://people.patch.intel.com/vnavaret/>

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of
icon_mordac.gif]