RE: Photo Album from Gene: Tub is getting finish primer, next

To: "'Navarrette, Vance'" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Photo Album from Gene: Tub is getting finish primer, next
From: "Gene Hart" <genehart@att.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 15:29:03 -0500
Thanks Vance,

No, not me in the pics, I let the pro's spray the paint. I am at the
body shop every day going over the process, sort of like Big Paul on
American Chopper. Making sure things get covered the right way the first
time, and the right primers and paint are being used, sometimes yelling
to clean things up a bit.

I'm painting PPG Pimento in a base coat-clear coat process. Two coats
each, with one coat of primer. I'm not using the old system of enamel or
the sand until Christmas lacquer method.

The process is all preparation; it's been three weeks of welding, lead
filling and straightening to get to this stage. Plastic is only used on
the old steel to get it smooth, really just fascia and rear light panel.
And I did need it on one spot on the top bulkhead panel.

I have done some sanding and welding for fun, the guys at the shop have
been giving me a few lessons.

BTW, it's a 4K paint job.

GH