Clutch pedal wear

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Clutch pedal wear
From: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 23:01:19 -0500
     Ive got the transmission in and the hydraulics bled.  I noticed the
clutch pedal moves a half to 3/4 inch before the shaft on the master
cylinder starts to move in.  I was wondering if this is normal or is the
pedal itself warn.  The Clutch master cylinder and clevis pin are tight,
but there is slop in the hole in the pedal.  If this is not normal, how
can I fix the problem.  Right now the clutch engages about an inch off
the floor and Id like to get a little more pedal if possible.

                                                       Thanks again for
all you help.      John Mitchell    TR6  1976