lucas & Crane coil /ballast resistor

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: lucas & Crane coil /ballast resistor
From: "Michael Greene" <m.e.greene@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 20:34:55 -0500
CAR 1974  TR6
I want to install a new high voltage coil. I have narrowed down my choices to
a Lucas Sport Coil or a Crane PS20. The Roadster stated that I could not use
the Lucas unit because my 1974 requires a ballast resistor. Victoria British
LTD. sales rep stated that I could use the Lucas but I would have to remove
the ballast resistor or the resistive cable.I didn't have much confidence in
the Victoria sales rep. The Moss sales rep. stated that I could use the Lucas
unit if I removed the resistor. The Crane coil unit comes with a resistor for
ballast/non ballast unit cars. I need some advice on which brand/model to use.
Does Summit Racing sell coils for my TR6 ?

Michael E. Greene
8800 Shoreham Blvd.
Knoxville Tn. 37922