Thermostatic vacum switch

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Thermostatic vacum switch
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 06:19:44 -0800 (PST)
Doug Morris's continuing problems with his thermostatic vacum switch has
finally gotten to me.  First let me say that my 1970 6 doesn't have this switch
on it so I only know what I have heard from others.  Having said that I don't
understand why Doug doesn't just yank the whole thing off and run the vacum
lines directly from the carbs to the advance/retard ports on the distributor.
Or better yet just cap the ports off at the carbs remove the advance/retard
vacum units from the distributor and let the centrifical advance do all of the
work.  This is what I did after messing with those vacum lines for years and my
car (10/1 compression ratio) runs just fine.  I really can't believe that there
is any quantifiable emissions improvement in having this device on cars as old
as ours.

Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR 6