Mating British car parts, redux

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mating British car parts, redux
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 09:58:17 -0800
        Folks:

        Well, I got the tranny and motor mated last night, and this
morning I found that
my LBC had crawled off into the closet and delivered a litter of gear
clusters. =:-0
        Seriously, it is done; Thanks for the suggestions. In the end I
combined two
suggestions - I dropped the rear tranny mount to get the gearbox and
motor more closely
aligned, and I inserted 2 long bolts through the engine plate and tranny
mounting flange near
the top of the tranny.
        I would wiggle the tranny then finger tighten the bolts, like
so:

        Wiggle, wiggle, tighten, tighten, wiggle, wiggle, tighten,
tighten, etc...

        I would twist the output flange after every wiggle until it
wouldn't turn anymore, so I knew I had engaged the splines. Finally, I
couldn't move them any closer together, so I shoved on the top of the
tranny and THUD! they mated (I didn't actually witness this, as I had my
eyes closed at that point).
        So, thanks for the hints everybody, it worked.

        I LOVE this list!!!!!!!

        Vance

1974 Mimosa Yellow Triumph TR6
Cogito Ergo Zoom