J type OD Identification

To: 6pack-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: J type OD Identification
From: "jdhenn@cfl.rr.com" <jdhenn@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 14:04:53 -0500
I have a TR6 tranny with Jtype that was told was an original TR6 OD and was
rebuilt. I now know it wasn't really rebuilt :(  However, it has a TR4
attachment point for the shifter and not a TR6 and the point where the
speedo cable would hook up is different. It has a two finger fork clamp in
stead of the screw on type used on the 6.  Does anyone have a reference
that would ID the OD by either serial number on the laycock id plate or a
casting number on the OD itself.
Thanks in advance
Jim Henningsen
Kissimmee, FL