Slave Rebuild Kit

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Slave Rebuild Kit
From: Drswitala@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 08:40:01 EST
Has any one purchased a clutch slave rebuild kit from Victoria British? I
just received mine for my 73 and the only part that matches any of the old
components is the little rubber plunger that pushes the piston. It has two
rubber
boots that are different from the original and an O seal thats not present at
all in the original. The new boots can be stretched to fit but my concern is
this O seal. Is it an upgrade for the system and where is it to be placed? Or
have they sent the wrong kit even though the part # on the bag does correspond
with the correct # in the catalog for my year car.
  On another matter, has anyone heard of or installed a replacement muffler
made by Maremont. They are available through Advance Auto Parts on line for $72.

Thanks for any input,
Ray