throttle adjust

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: throttle adjust
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 08:17:20 -0500
I've finally got my car back together after a blown head gasket.  I thought I'd
take advantage of the misshap by raising compression to 9.5:1, adding a header
and porting the head.  The car runs very well, however, I was initially pretty
disappointed in the performance gains (lack thereof).  I replaced the throttle
linkage with a kit from TRF, and while my carbs seemed well balanced and the
mixture is close, I realized today that when the pedal is on the floor, the
throttle butterfly is not completly open.  I've fiddled with the linkage all
day and can not seem to get the throttle open with my foot!  I can push on the
interconnection lever (to which the vertical control rod attaches) and
completely open the throttle to a horizontal position, it is against the stop.
No adjustments seem to help.  Any ideas
Joe Davis