convertible top latch hardware

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: convertible top latch hardware
From: "Michael Greene" <m.e.greene@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 22:13:39 -0500
I had to replace the top latching pin on my 1974 TR6. I over tighten the screw
holding the latch and broke the head off and can not remove the screw.
I procured the hardware at a local hardware store. The photo in the Victoria
British catalog show a washer between the top latch handle and the top
latching pin.
When I removed my hardware for the top latching I did not see the item shown
in the catalog. Do I need to install this washer for proper function of the
mechanism. I was told that a bevel washer goes between the units.

Michael E. Greene
8800 Shoreham Blvd.
Knoxville Tn. 37922