Re: Rodents eating wiring

To: sadelman@woh.rr.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rodents eating wiring
From: Acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 00:30:52 -0500
Saul,
Here is an idea for a better mouse trap.  Take a 5 gallon plastic bucket and
slide a rod or dowel through a couple holes near the top of the bucket while
inserting the rod or dowel through a slightly larger PVC pipe, essentially
making the PVC pipe able to spin freely on the rod or dowel.  Coat the middle
of the PVC pipe with peanut butter.  Next provide a way for the rodents to
access the top of the bucket, either by placing a wooden ramp or something
similar up to the top of the bucket, allowing easy access for the rodents to
get to the peanut butter.  You can choose to fill the bucket with an
anti-freeze mixture during the winter or water during non-freezing months, or
you can be humane and just take the bucket out and let the critters go far away
from your car.  The bucket trap works well in places where you will be storing
the car for long periods of time without the ability to check on it frequently.
 You can fit a lot of mice into a 5 gallon bucket.
I cannot take credit for this trap, nor can I recall where I heard of it. I
have yet to build one but understand from others who have that it works well.
Hope this helps.
Aaron