RE: Seat belts /visors

To: "'Walt Philipson'" <WaltP@Anspach.com>, <jserignese@notes.cc.sunysb.edu>
Subject: RE: Seat belts /visors
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 19:30:16 -0500
 Ssnake-oyl rebuilt my original Kangol seat belts. They replaced the
webbing and cleaned and lubricated the retracting mechanism. I installed
the British replacement belts in a car I restored last year and much
prefer the originals in fit and function. Ssnake-Oyl isn't cheap, but if
you want a comfortable and safe belt, go with having the originals
rebuilt.
 The sunvisor kits I've bought from The Roadster Factory have always
been of good quality if a bit pricey. I'm always suspect of Victoria
British's parts product quality and am seldom surprised.
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO

Jim,

I haven't used them myself, but have seen a couple of good
recommendations. These guys rebuild seatbelts.

http://www.ssnake-oyl.com/main.htm

I understand they aren't cheap. One advantage is that the rebuilt ones
will fit in the holder next to the seat. The replacement ones will not.

Walt