Diff. crack (Bummer!)

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Diff. crack (Bummer!)
From: Brian Yarborough <bytr6@frontiernet.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 19:16:52 -0500
Hi all;
I've been taking the rear suspension apart to rebush and renew it and I
found the right front diff mount has a crack that goes from the middle
outside of the metal mount over to the center where the bolt is. If I drop
the diff. can I weld a repair from below? Do you need to just weld a bead
onto the crack, or do you need to weld a repair plate to the bottom of the
mount? In a year or so, I plan to do a complete frame off and do the gusset
repair  and strengthen all four mounts at that time. So this repair only has
to be temporary and prevent greater damage. Any advice?
Brian Yarborough
1976 TR-6
CF55886UO