Re: Rear Brake Hoses

To: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Rear Brake Hoses
From: William Maslin <cwrm4@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 10:12:21 -0800 (PST)
John --

You can do it without removing the body -- though I
too have been at a point despair with the hoses!

If I recall correctly on the driver's side I unbolted
the "T" fitting from the frame and took off the pipe,
cut the old hose, and put the now free-from-the-car
hose/pipe combo in a vise to undo the fitting.

On the passenger's side I think I cut the old hose off
and then used a real long extension with a deep socket
to undo the pipe/hose fitting.

Also, while you are at it, I suggest you switch to the
braided stainless/teflon hoses. The piece-o-crap
replacement rubber-fabric hoses from TRF only lasted a
couple of years. One rear failed catastrophically on
me, and one front had an internal bulging leak. (Not
to slam TRF - I'm sure other distributors have the
same hoses).

Personally I feel much safer with the stainless hoses,
plus the pedal feel is noticeably firmer.

Hope this helps.

William
'74 TR6

P.S. Use flare-end wrenches wherever possible.