Re: Cam bearings

To: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Cam bearings
From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 07:01:35 -0500
Hi Terry,

I had my block line bored & cam bearings installed last year. The
bearings we're sourced from BPNW but as was stated TRF has them as well.
They are basically a broken set from a spit motor. Most machine shop
boring machines are capable of boring  a four piston deep block as in an
american 8 cylinder. The majority of machines can't accommodate the
depth of the bore. There are machines or modified machine out there that
will work , you have to call around. TRF even out sources line boring
but they would not tell me where they send it, besides the shipping to
PA would be a killer. Make sure you get the specs for the machine shop
on what size to make the hole. These are an interference fit & must be
done properly. I had a tough time getting that size & I'm not even sure
the shop used the size I gave them. When I was looking, some machinist
recommended finding a shop that works on Italian automobiles like
Alfa's. Their 6's use cam bearings so the shops should be set up for it
but I'm by no means sure about this.

--
Mitch Seff
Oceanside, N.Y.