RE: Rivit, or some tpye of connector on Hood Frame

To: <genehart@att.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rivit, or some tpye of connector on Hood Frame
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:29:49 -0800
        Gene:

        I had this problem when restoring my hood. I used a black button
headed cap screw of
the appropriate size. I used a lock nut to fasten it (not a nyloc, but
one of the ones where
the nut is pre-pinched to distort the threads - they are much thinner.
You might also
use a thin nyloc nut.) Picked it up at the local Ace hardware store.
        Total cost: $1, and much easier to find than one large rivet.

        Vance