RE: Rivit, or some tpye of connector on Hood Frame

To: <genehart@att.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rivit, or some tpye of connector on Hood Frame
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:40:27 -0500
Gene,
On my car and every other TR6 I've messed with had 6 (3 per side) 1/4" X
1" counter-sunk screws that attach the top frame to the B post. TRF has
them for $.79 and probably $1.50 shipping, so you may be better off at a
good hardware store.
If a DPO has replaced the screws with rivets, well maybe a 1/4" rivet??

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO

Oh Mighty list, I've got a good one.

I somehow lost one of the connecting big rivits, that connect the
convertable top (hood to you UK folks) to the b-post of my 6. All the
other 5 are there it's this one that must of rusted and broke off.

I can't find one of these anywhere. I don't want to buy an old frame
just to get one of these, but it seems no one sells on of these.

Any help..
--
Gene Hart
genehart@att.net