TR6 capping strip

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 capping strip
From: Dale M Osterndorf <osternd@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:37:49 -0500
I was wondering if anyone has replaced their aluminum windshield capping
strip and been satisfied with the results?  I'm in the process of trying
to make my car competitive for a few shows this year, and my original
capping strip is a bit rough around the edges ( well, actually around the
top latches).  I recently ordered the strip from one of the big three,
and though I'm not that picky, I have to say I was less than impressed
with it.  Though it looked much better than the original, it was a
slightly different design and I really feel better sticking with the
original one.  Does everyone carry the same capping strip (ie reproduced
in Taiwan) or are some better reproductions of the originals?

TIA

Dale O
'76 TR6 ($.05 & $.10 to infinity and beyond!)