TR6 capping strip

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 capping strip
From: Dale M Osterndorf <osternd@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 17:04:36 -0500
Thanks to everyone who responded to my posting on reproduction windshield
capping strips.  Looks like the general consensus is that there are no
exact facsimiles of the original strip and many have fitting problems.
Seems the choices are to settle for what you get, or refurbish.  I'm
leaning toward doing the later, and while cheaper, it means more work for
me.  (What's better:  more $ and less work, or less $ and more work?  I'm
cheap, but I guess I'm also lazy.  Ah, the dilemma . . .)  Anyhow, I've
had several suggestions of polishing the aluminum, so I pulled the strip
off my parts car and will throw the buffer on it.  It  actually looks
better than the one presently on my car as it had several deep gouges
which will probably be difficult to remove.  Sooo, the part is headed
back assuming the buffing works and the polished aluminum blends well
with the chrome.

Thanks again for the help.

Dale O
'76 TR6