u-joints

To: "6-Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: u-joints
From: "Dave and Jodi Murray" <dmurray1961@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 08:47:57 -0800
Esteemed list participants:

While upgrading the rear springs and trailing arm bushings I discovered a
bad U-joint in one half shaft.  I do not have a spare on hand and was hoping
to get the car back on the road this weekend.  An earlier post, which I have
been unable to locate, recommended alternative U-joints to the ones provided
by TRF, Moss, etc.  Two questions: does anyone have the alternative
manufacturer and part number, and two, are they likely to be available at a
local auto shop, i.e. Kragen, Napa, et. al. or possibly a driveline shop?

Thanks

Dave
'73 TR6 -- CF7664U