My 'New' '73 TR6

To: "'6-Pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: My 'New' '73 TR6
From: "Adam C Beasley" <adam@adambeasley.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 21:27:47 -0500
I picked up my TR6 this weekend.  I used a Uhaul auto transport... it worked
pretty nicely until the trip back over the mountains in the heavy rain...
the surge brake decided to not work very good if at all, making my truck
have to brake everything! But luckily the car is only slightly heavier than
the trailer!  The TR6 looks really good but doesn't run so hot... but barely
on full choke.  I found part of the problem this evening while giving the
car a quick check-over... no oil in the carbs!  I plan to order new wires,
distributor cap, rotor, points, spark plugs, carb rebuild kit, oil for the
carb, vacuum hoses, and oil filter to start things off.  I do have a few
questions.  The car has overdrive and a PI emblem on the back.  What is PI?
I don't remember seeing that one before.  Second question, the car came with
a factory hard top with a Zeibart Rustproof sticker on it and a warrantee
sheet with the owner's manual.  What is this?  Is this an aftermarket
process?

Any recommendations for things I should go ahead and order now?

Thanks and I hope to have some pictures up this week and I'm still trying to
come up with a name for her :)

Adam