Re: My 'New' '73 TR6

To: adam@adambeasley.com, 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My 'New' '73 TR6
From: Acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 22:49:02 -0500
Adam,

First, congrats.  I am sure you will receive quite a few helpful responses from
the list.

PI refers to Petrol Injection.  Since you said you have carbs I am not sure why
the badge would be on the car.

Ziebart was? is? an aftermarket rustproofing company.  I have no idea if they
are still in business.  Inspect the car carefully, some rustproofers did more
damage than good.

As for what else you may need to order, it will depend on many variables.  What
condition is the car in?  What maintenance has been done and how well has it
been done?  Has the car sat unused for awhile or has it been driven regularly?
And a host of other questions might be pertinent.

Your best avenue would be to carefully inspect and evalutate the entire car to
get a baseline of where the vehicle is.  Write down your results and prioritize
your list.

Jay Welch of the Cape Cod British Car Club has produced a pre-sales inspection
checklist that can also be used to help you evaluate the condition of the car.
He has also produced an extensive list of Reference Data in a Word document for
the TR6 at the website below.

http://www.capecodbritishcarclub.org/technical.html

Another two sites with excellent technical sites are www.buckeyetriumphs.org
and www.vtr.org.  There are a great deal of other sites available with
wonderfully helpful information, those just happen to be a couple of my
favorites.

You also would do well to purchase a few manuals if you havent done so.  The
Bentley manual, the Haynes manual and Dan Masters electrical manual are all
excellent sources of various information.  If you wish to support 6pack.org
then visit the site and purchase the books through them.  And finally, since
this is longer than it should be already, you can access the archives of 6Pack
by clicking on the link of every email you receive from the list.

Again, welcome and congrats on the new car.

Aaron,

Topsham, Maine