Getting closer to the road

To: "'6-Pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Getting closer to the road
From: "Adam C Beasley" <adam@adambeasley.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 21:34:54 -0500
I found a few things today while trying to get my TR6 on the road.  You may
remember the tread on my new TR6... well she didn't run to well.  Today I
was working on the vacuum hoses which are pretty much gone... one was
actually wrapped in black tape and what seemed to be a brillow pad???  I'm
ordering some new hoses and hopefully will be able to have them in by the
time I get the carb's rebuilt.  The anti-run-on valve has been disconnected
from the servo unit and the hose plugged... is this something that I should
be concerned with reconnecting?  While in the process of changing spark
plugs I found the old plugs were gapped wrong... my gauge only measured to
.040 and they were beyond that... no doubt adding to the problem... guess
it's no wonder choke had to be on for the car to run!

Is the Rocker Feed Kit a worthwhile investment?  How difficult is it to
install?  What kind of modifications need to be made?

Thanks,

Adam Beasley
1973 TR6 CF3857U Mimosa Yellow