Re: Panasport Wheels

To: David Brady <dmb993@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Panasport Wheels
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 14:39:13 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, David Brady wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I'm moving from 15x6 panasport wheels
> to 16x7 panasports. Currently my rear hubs
> are hub-centric. The diameter of the hub, which
> mates perfectly with the inside of the hub cap
> hole on the panasports, is 2.87". Can someone
> with the 16x7 panasports measure the inside
> diameter of the hub cap hole, at the face where
> the wheel mates to the drum brake, to see if
> panasport changed this spec?

When you buy the Panasports from many of the wheel vendors, YOU provide
the centering lug dimension (and you typically pay a nominal fee for them
to cut the wheel).

If you buy the wheel from a reputable company that caters to British cars,
they will probably order this "cut" on your behalf.

I know this because I just purchased a custom set from a wheel vendor
(15x7 Ultra Lites) for the race car.

> Thanks,
> David
> 68 TR250 Cd8124L

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |