Re: value calculator

To: jimjcmo@yahoo.com (Jim Jones)
Subject: Re: value calculator
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 11:46:55 -0800 (PST)
Jim---The "value calculator" that you are referring to can be found on
p.11 of the latest issue in the 6PACK Newsletter. This would be Volume
XXI, Issue 4, which is in the Fall, 2003.

For those who may not see this issue, briefly, it breaks down what I
feel are the three main components of the TR...Exterior, Interior, and
Mechanical. Each section has its own sub-categories, and given a dollar
point value based on the conditions found.  Add up all of these category
"points" to find what the car is worth.

I have found this method takes the emotions out of the car's worth, and
leaves the evaluator with just the hard numbers to pass on to the
prospective buyer. Having been a surrogate buyer for several years, I've
come across TRs worth anything from $2,400 to a spectacular one that
came in at at over $18,000. (The year of the Triumph plays little into
all of this)

The service is free to 6-PACK members. I charge  $100 for non-members.
Other surrogate buyer's fees may differ.

Dick Taylor
Los Angeles