Re: Still Confused,..

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Still Confused,..
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 17:49:44 -0800 (PST)
Razor Bob---The SU needle designation number/letter doesn't tell us
anything, unfortunately, so far as progressing from lean to rich mix.
Needles can be lean or rich along their tapered length at different
points, when compared to the original, stock needle.

More to what you are looking for, the SC needle that you now have is
similar to the original, stock B1AF, but only from the "idle" diameter
up to the mid point. From there on it will give a very lean mix.
Possibly good for economy, but not so for performance.

The BAW needle is closest to the stock, ZS configuration.

The BAX, such as Rich has, is more performance cut from the mid point to
wide open throttle. Nearly identical from idle to the midpoint as the
stock B1AF.

If you want to experiment, try a pair of any of the above, available
from Burlen Fuel Systems, in jolly old...

Dick

From: RazorBobSr@aol.com Date: Tue, Mar 23, 2004, 11:03am (PST+3) To:
6pack@autox.team.net Subject: Still Comfused Old Buddys
I have replaced the DGV webers on my -6 with 1 3/4 SUs that were
rebuild,I have eng running fairly well,but just for kicks I pulled the
needles just to SEE what I had.On the base are the letter SC,I know this
tell me how lean or rich they are,but can someone out there in 6 pot
would tell me on scale of 1/ 10 how rich or lean these needles are.The
eng in question is .20 over,mild cam,.70 off head,header,I have smoothed
out intake runs and where carbs mount over winter,other than that'Shes a
Cherry'

 and how are needles letter to go leaner if need be?? Lots of thanks,
Bob Arnett Terre Haute IN