Re: Value Calculator

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Value Calculator
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:09:38 -0800 (PST)
Bud---When a dollar value is given for a "poor" area of a car, it could
be because of a core value. Just about any running engine, overdrive
tranny, FI system, etc. is worth money. Of course the opposite might
apply, if it is resting in a heap of rust and not running.

As you suspected, common sense must also be applied here. All of the TRs
I have been asked to evaluate for prospective buyers have been
roadworthy.

Glad to see you're thinking about covering the Colorado area!

Dick
Surrogate Buyer
L.A. area

>From Bud:
Cc: 6pack@autox.team.net (6pack) Subject: Re: value calculator
Dick,
Just curious.
I saw your value calculator in the 6pack newsletter and have a
question.  Are there some assumptions for using the calculator that
I should know about.  For example, is there a lower limit of how
good of a TR6 a typical buyer might want?  Maybe I'm looking at it
wrong but $2200 looks to be the lowest price that you can arrive at
using the calculator.  I've seen lots of TR6s worth less than that and
have bought and sold them for less than that.  Is it assumed that
anything less than $2200 makes it a parts car or not worthy of
restoring?

I think the surrogate buyer network is a great idea and am considering
volunteering to be a Colorado area SB to fill in a spot on the map.

Thanks
Bud Rolofson