Re: Distributor Question

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Distributor Question
From: "Ken Davis" <ken.davis@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 13:59:53 -0800
Hi all!
Hey, these TR6's are nice cars...    Thanks to list and direct input I was
able to free-up the mechanical advance, clean and reassemble.  I took my
time, and did it all right the first time (unusual??!).  Dwell is 34 deg.,
timing right in 12 deg at a 750-775 idle, and when rev'ing, the advance
works!  Took it for a 5 miler, as a test, and the power and acceleration was
greatly improved.  I'm going to fill the tank and do a 'down the coast run',
about 70-80 miles just to check it out and get a quick feel for gas
mileage - I hope I've solved that problem also....

Thanks again all!

Ken
so san francisco
73 TR6, vrrrooommm, vrrrooommm!

> I've removed points etc, and the top plate, exposing the weights below.
If