Distributor Question

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Distributor Question
From: "Ken Davis" <ken.davis@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 10:20:20 -0800
hi all,
finished working on the BBC last night; it handles like new and that
annoying diff whine is gone.

Today's task is/was working on my poor fuel economy, based upon the replies
I received about mine.   First thing I did was check the timing; it was a
little off (10BTDC), but interestingly, when I rev'd it, the dizzy did not
advance!  Ah ha, maybe that's my problem.   Now, I haven't worked on a dizzy
since 1967 (62 sprite) and I'm way short on first hand knowledge.  Have
Bentley, but he's a little sparse on info.  Here's my question:

I've removed points etc, and the tope plate, exposing the weights below.  If
I turn the big hexbolt(?) which drives the point, it doesn't move at all,

If I use a screwdriver (gently) to try and move weights/components in the
mech. advance, nothing happens.  Is the 'hex bolt' (sorry brain freeze,
can't think of the name) moveable?

 Should the weights inside be easy(er) to move?

Can I remove the weights etc without pulling the dizzy, to clean then up?

Thanks o' great font of TR6 wisdom

Ken
so san francisco
73 '6 CF7000U0