Brake booster

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake booster
From: Josh Tarnow <jjtarnow@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 14:08:19 -0800 (PST)
Long time no speak fellow listers! Hope all is well. After taking the bear
(cub) out of hibernation I realized I had no brake booster assist. The pedal
went down quite a way (brakes worked but as you would expect it took 5 times
more effort). When I stepped on the brake pedal the rpms would go up (I assumed
a leak in the vacuum hose to the booster). Yet, after about 10 minutes of
driving the brakes began to work like normal. The brake booster did it's job
and the pedal travel was normal. What happened? Should I leave it be or check
it out? I looked around each wheel to see if I blew a seal at one of the wheel
calipers but all was dry (and I would expect that the pedal travel and brake
performance would not have returned to normal had I sprung a leak somewhere).
As always, any/all feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh
'76 TR6