heating prob FIXED!

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: heating prob FIXED!
From: kmcnelis@nmsu.edu
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 17:06:10 -0700
First, thank to all who responed.  As a raw rookie, I really appreciate it.
After reading the responses, I realized I had left out a lot of details that
probably would have made a difference.  Radiator was just flushed last week.
The "flushant" (is that a good word?) was relatively clean.  I refilled with
60/40 ethelyne glycol & water.  I have disconnected the heater (a cold day in
Las Cruces is when the high fails to reach 50).  The car has no thermostat (I
guess I ought'a get one).  Timing not a prob, some PO had put in a good
electronic system.

The winner is Acekraut11 (Aaron from Topsham, ME).  I had a bad voltage
stabilizer.  I don't know if anyone remembers my last post, but is was a
question of whether I was cut out to be a TR owner.  I knew I had a spark
problem.  It wasn't.  It was a fuel delivery problem.  Too little fuel was
being delivered to the carbs.  IOW, I ran outta gas....  Daughter had asked if
there was gas, and I replied "sure, the gauge reads 1/4 tank"...  So, the fuel
gauge was reading high.  I then did what several suggested, and used a food
thermometer in the radiator to measure actual temp.  Temp gauge pegged out,
but food thermometer read 175! So, temp gauge was reading high, as was the
fuel gauge.  Put in a new Voltage Stabilizer I happened to have on hand, and
guess what?  Fixed!

Again, thanks too everybody, and please be patient with me.

Kevin