Pilot bushing

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Pilot bushing
From: Mickylong@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 12:27:03 EST
Using the logic that they are cheap, and while I've got the engine out of the
car, I decided to replace the flywheel pilot (or spigot) bushing in my 6.  My
Bentley manual specifically states that the new bushing should be a loose
fit. I was able to remove my old bushing easily.  However the replacement I
received from TRF needed some stronger "encouragement" from a hammer on
insertion
and does rotate freely at all within the housing.  This seems wrong to me.

Should I just order another bushing and assume they sent the wrong one the
first time or is the Bentley incorrect about the loose fit?

Micky Long, Atlanta
72 TR 6